Following up to my "crunchy" post, I really believe that natural supplements and holistic medicine is better for me than Westernized pharmaceuticals alone. That being said, I talked to my boss (Mike, my older brother-from-another-mother), and he gave me some sage advice. Mike and I are very similar in personality and habits, and he mentioned that how he deals with depression is to supplement his diet with amino acids. What? He likes 5-HTP and GABA, one stimulates seratonin production, and the other helps control the firing of neurons inside of the brain. Of course I read up on both supplements, and the response was amazing.
I've now been taking both since Friday, 1/21, and I feel a ton better. I can go to sleep relaxed, and wake up with energy and focus and drive. I'm still not 100% but I'd say I'm at least 80%.
Now, the GABA is kicking in and I'm tired. Update more in the future, I'm sure...
No comments:
Post a Comment