Monday, January 31, 2011

Music!

 Today while shopping for a Nintendo DS charger to replace the one that Peanut (the lost puppy I rescued recently - but that's another blog) chewed up, I bought some music.  I admit that I am somewhat old-fashioned when it comes to music.  I like buying albums instead of single songs.  If vinyl records were more readily available, I might be obsessed with them.  However, I'm obsessed with the next best thing, CDs.  I have an MP3 player (a Sony Walkman), but I rarely buy music online in MP3 format.  I prefer to buy a CD with the complete album of whatever artist I find myself dancing to at the time.  I then rip the music to my home and work computer and proceed to listen to albums for days at a time before I move on to the next one. 

I love music!  I love live music as my favorite genre - and yes, I consider that a genre.  I don't care what type of music it is - if it's live, I'll listen to it and jam out and have a great time.  But my musical collection of albums tends toward rock, country, and alternative.  I have some pop, some trance/electronic, some heavy metal, some random other stuff as well.  But I LOVE rock.  Anything with a guitar, vocals, drum, and bass - it gets to me.  Keyboard or keytar is an added bonus.  Ha!

I really don't know where I'd be without my Sirius satellite radio.  I used to listen to FM radio back in the day, until I bought my Fusion.  Sirius changed my life.  Now I can browse by time period, by genre, listen to talk radio when I choose to, and hear my football game live.  My favorite Sirius stations are as follows: Alt Nation, Hair Nation, 90s on 9, 80s on 8, Prime Country, BPM, Area, The Pulse, NFL Radio, Margaritaville, and Jam On.  A few of my new albums are from artists I heard on Alt Nation.  For you LA natives, Alt Nation is like KROQ without the annoying talk and with more "indy" musicians.

Also, before I reveal the new additions to my lil music family, I must share that I LOVE to sing.  I'm not the best, but I have a loud, strong voice and I love it.  So, of course I enjoy music that I can sing to.

Ok, here are my new albums:
Playlist: The Very Best of Heart by Heart


Kaleidoscope Heart by Sara Bareilles




Sigh No More by Mumford & Sons




Magikal Journey by Tiesto


 I hope you give a listen, and hopefully you find something that you may not have heard otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment